Fundraising for Tees Valley Wildlife Trust is a great way of helping to protect the wildlife you love while having fun!
Every penny, however it is raised, really does make a difference to wildlife on your doorstep.
We have lots of ideas for fundraising at home too, so in these difficult times you can continue to make a difference for Teeswildlife, set yourself a challenge, and connect (virtually) with family and friends. Go wild, raise money, and help your natural world!
Become a FUNdraiser today!
The 2.6 Challenge!
From Sunday 26 April can you take on The 2.6 Challenge and raise funds to protect wildlife and wild places in the Tees valley?
The nationwide fundraising challenge starts on Sunday 26 April, the day the London Marathon should have taken place, and aims to raise funds for charities across the UK who have been affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
Tees Valley Wildlife Trust is one of many charities who have been impacted by the cancellation of fundraising events and activities, so we’d love as many people as possible to show their love for wildlife by signing up for The 2.6 Challenge!
The 2.6 Challenge has been designed to be totally flexible and something that anyone can take part in from home or as part of your daily exercise (while respecting social distancing).
All you need to do is dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 that suits your skills and complete it from Sunday April 26!
Here’s some ideas to get you started:
- Find a snail or a slug and have a 2.6cm race
- See if you can find 26 species of wildlife in your garden
- Crawl round your garden like a caterpillar 26 times
- Hop like a frog for 2.6 minutes or 2.6km…!
- Run like a hare for 26 minutes or 2.6 miles…!
- Get busy as a bee! How much wildlife can you spot in 26 minutes?
- Go wildflower hunting: look for 26 species or as many as you can find in 26 minutes
- You can do any of these in a wildlife fancy dress (which you could make yourself)
Share your wildlife themed ideas with us on social media using #TwoPointSixChallenge and #Teeswildlife
How to take part:
- click the sign up button below
- Select ‘Fundraise’ or ‘Donate’ – why not aim to donate or raise at least £26!
- Search for Tees Valley Wildlife Trust’ and select us as your charity.
Have fun, and good luck with your FUNdraising challenge!