Why Volunteer with Us?
Giving your time by volunteering with a charity is extremely rewarding. It allows you to help others and give something back to the community, but it is also essential to our work. We depend greatly on volunteers, who make it possible for us to do more and reach further than we could alone. In exchange for this, we hope you will see that we can offer a great deal to you too. As well as the chance to share and indulge in your love of wildlife and the countryside through volunteering, this type of work can offer you the following:
- A sense of occupation during a period of unemployment or retirement, keeping your body and mind active while being a valued team member. It’s also a place to develop skills in preparation for paid work, and even gain recognised qualifications.
- Greater confidence and independence by undertaking challenges and using your initiative.
- A sense of satisfaction and achievement at successfully completing the various challenges we can offer you.
- The opportunity to make new friends, learn from others, and make contacts in our partner organisations.
- Working in nature is also proven to lower stress levels and improve physical and mental health (see our ‘Nature-based Interventions for Good Health’ page).
All our volunteers are fully protected by our insurance and, on induction (or by request) you will be guided through our various health & safety policies to ensure your experience with us is enjoyable, safe, and to the highest standards.
How to Apply to be a Volunteer
We have a range of opportunities for volunteering here at the Trust, and not all of them involve the outdoors! Please complete our application form and indicate which area you are interested in. Let us know if you think you can help us in other ways we haven’t thought of. We are always open to new ideas.
If you have any questions please contact us via [email protected] or 01287 636382.
To become a volunteer, please start by filling out our Volunteer Application Form here.