The alum works probably existed from 1706 to about 1720. The quarries are visable on the hillside and the mounds of shale left over, after burning, have now grassed over on the hills.
Back to Places to Visit
Please note that this location map is for information purposes only and does not indicate that the site has public access. Always get landowner permission before entering any site.